Babbles

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 7, 2009

    Sleepless in KL

    I hate jet lag. While I relish the thrill of traveling across time zones (not to mention the Duty Free shops and the goodies they hold within), it's the aftermath that turns me into a cranky, irritable she-devil willing to kill the next person who pisses her off by breaking their soul. You get the picture.

    While I've been able to wake up in time for class ever since I've returned to KL, I still have times where I wake up in the middle of the night because my brain is running four hours behind my body. This in turn would lead to a conversation between my brain and my body that goes a little something like this:

    BRAIN: Hey Body, what're you doing sleeping so early! The night is young, and so are you!

    BODY: $%&* you, Brain, it's 2am!

    BRAIN: No it's not, it's only 10pm! Let's go out and party! Hooray!

    BODY: Go away! I'm tired!

    BRAIN: No! I love you!

    BODY: I don't! Go away!

    Mind you, all this would happen with a very tired Michelle B. staring wide-eyed at a darkened ceiling.

    Due to delightful conversations such as the one above, I wind up having a lot less sleep than I should, which end up with me having to drag my sorry caboose to class while fervently praying to any deities above that I don't fall asleep during the lectures and end up with a sore neck. Or miss out on what the lecturers are saying, I guess.

    On the plus side, my jet lag has given me an excuse for my usual rambling ways. Not like I needed an excuse of some sort, I'm just weird like that everyday, any day.

    0 comments: