Babbles

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 31, 2008

    Rather Be a Climbing Ape than a Falling Angel



    I am listening to ABBA, which means that I am now only a few grey hairs away form becoming my mother. I couldn't be any more serious if I tried.

    But I'll save the ranting for another day when I'm out of things to say and want to waste time.

    Instead, I'm just going to babble on mindlessly and dump some links before wishing everyone a Happy New Year and going off to celebrate with my family.

    The first time I was exposed to ABBA was when I was rooting around my mother's collection of tapes (yes, tapes. Cassettes. One step away from 8-tracks or vinyl or whatever the hell people listened to before the birth of the iPod).

    Needless to say, I was hooked. However, years passed, disco died, and I moved on to other genres. It was only when I saw Mamma Mia! that my love for the band was revived, which led me to downloading some of their music today. Currently, I have this song as my pick-me-up when I have to drag my ass out of bed in the wee hours of the morn':



    It was later covered in the movie by Christine Baranski, who completely owned that song and made it her own.
    Does Your mother Know - Movie Version

    Ah hell, have some more music:
    Voulez Vous
    Super Trooper
    Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie!

    But enough of the past. Tonight is New Year's Eve (once again, So Very Important), and it's time to look to the future.
    My resolutions:
    1. Lose weight
    2. Cut down on smoking (no, I am not going to quit just yet)
    ...That's about it, actually. Stop laughing, I can so do it.

    In other news, Terry Pratchett has been made a knight. This just makes me insanely happy *insert big cheesy grin here*

    I didn't go to university. Didn't even finish A-levels. But I have sympathy for those who did.


    Happy New Year, folks.

    1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    aaa! terry pratchett's been made a knight! so cool!

    (i didn't know you read him too)

    zoo